[Simh] Adding storage to vax running 4.3BSD

Sergey Oboguev oboguev at yahoo.com
Thu May 11 19:15:38 EDT 2017

     Johnny Billquist wrote:
> Well, MSCP was a good solution, and it's rather funny to now watch SATA
> and SAS, which is almost a carbon copy of MSCP and DSI, but 20 years later.

Unless I am mistaken, SCSI (at least in the form of SASI) preceded MSCP chronologically and perhaps inspired the latter.
SAS thus would have no need for MSCP as an intellectual ancestor, although for sure technologies of the same field, such as storage technologies, mutually inform each other in the course of their development.