[Simh] Problems install RSX-11M+ v4.6

Ray Jewhurst raywjewhurst at gmail.com
Sun May 7 16:21:00 EDT 2017

Sorry to be a pest but now I am getting an error.  I got the same one using
a pre-built system I found on Bitsavers.

>run bad
>
BAD>db0:
BAD -- DB0: Unrecoverable error -65.
BAD>du0:

 BAD -- DU0: Total bad blocks= 0.
BAD>^Z

>run bru
>
BRU>/rew ms0: du0:
BRU - Starting Tape 1 on MS0:

BRU - End of Tape 1 on MS0:

BRU - Completed

BRU>PuTTY

RSX-11M-PLUS V4.6  BL87   128.KW  System:"Baseline"
>RED DU:=SY:
>RED DU:=LB:
>RED DU:=SP:
>MOU DU0:"RSX11MPBL87"
>@[2,54]BASTART.CMD
12:46:19  *** GEN    Checkpoint space allocation failure
12:46:19  *** GEN    Checkpoint space allocation failure
12:46:19  *** GEN    Checkpoint space allocation failure
12:46:19  *** GEN    Checkpoint space allocation failure
12:46:19  *** GEN    Checkpoint space allocation failure
12:46:19  *** GEN    Checkpoint space allocation failure

I apologize for my lack of knowledge.  I am eager to learn but I have never
even seen a real PDP-11 let alone use one.  I am just trying to learn
vicariously through simh.

Thanks

Ray