[Simh] VAX 8200

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 23:33:38 EDT 2017

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 11:03 PM, Tim Stark <fsword7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> KA820 technical manual have a listing of boot ROM for RX50 and KDA50.   Does anyone have a copy of EEPROM image? Can someone make a dump of console media disks?

I dug out my RX50s that are with the 8200...  I found:

Copy of BL-FG80P-ME "VAX 8200 UTIL PROG FLP"
Copy of "VAX 8200 uCODE / CPU REV 5, patch 21"
Copy of "VAX 8200 uCODE / CPU REV 4, patch 29"
Original label BL-FG81F-ME "VAX 8200/8300 Console FLP" (but I won't
swear the contents are 100% original.  It's probable that some files
were added or edited).

IIRC, I made copies of the uCODE from each CPU I had before
overwriting the REV 4 board with REV 5.  This was approx 25 years ago,
but not obliterating the old data before overwriting it is something I
definitely would have done.   The point was to get them the same so
they would work together, and I wouldn't have cared which way it went
as long as it worked.

I have a number of ways to read RX50s, but nothing is presently set up
and plugged in for that.  I'll have to dust something off and get it
going.

-ethan