[Simh] VAX 8200

Tim Stark fsword7 at verizon.net
Thu Mar 16 23:03:37 EDT 2017

Yeah. Yes, it need console media for SRM firmware.  There is 16k EEPROM in VAX 8200 contains config setting and bootstrap codes for RX50 and KDA50 drives.
When power up started, a RX50 bootstrap will be copied into boot RAM at starting 20090000 from 20098000 then execute it.

KA820 technical manual have a listing of boot ROM for RX50 and KDA50.   Does anyone have a copy of EEPROM image? Can someone make a dump of console media disks?

Yes, KA820 supports multi-processor system.

Tim