[Simh] VMS versions with LAVC support

Peter Allan petermallan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 12:37:34 EDT 2017

Actually LAVC was available well before VMS 5.5-H2. As was correctly
reported, VAXclusters were originally introduced with VMS 4.0, but required
"big VAXen" connected to an HSC50.

LAVC was introduced around VMS 4.5. I think it was VMS 4.5A, though I could
be wrong. Certainly the release notes for VMS 4.6 (available on bitsavers)
refer to local area VAXclusters and I was managing a VAXcluster when we
were running VMS 4.7.

Cheers

Peter Allan