[Simh] CI750 tech docs and VAX firmware

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Mar 7 17:09:17 EST 2017

On 2017-03-07 02:42, Phil Budne wrote:
> I know I'm being a spoil-sport, and I don't deny it would be fun to
> create a "star coupler" network server, but.....
>
> Wouldn't it be possible (if less fun) to have the simulator interpret
> the contents of the CI packets (which might just contain MSCP)?

I actually agree. I'm not sure I see the point here. We're talking MSCP,
which have already been done. CI is just a different transport layer for
the MSCP packets.

> Isn't clustering over Ethernet available under VMS, delivering the
> same end-user experience?  Modern (Gbit) Ethernet is faster than CI ever was.

Yes. Although there are some slight differences between ethernet and CI,
but from a practical point of view, for cluster networking, ethernet
works just as well.

	Johnny