[Simh] CI750 tech docs and VAX firmware

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Mon Mar 6 09:03:10 EST 2017

There were also HSC40 & hsc60.

The differences in the hsc family members were the processor, cache,
load device, number of channels, and maximum number of ports.  Some
models were field-upgradable.  Also, later models supported
(reluctantly) the K.scsi module, which allowed the HSC to serve SCSI
disks and tapes.  (SCSI was carefully analyzed & found to have
reliability/data integrity issues; DEC's answer was DSSI.  Rather like
Beta & VHS - "good enough, but cheaper" won.)

At some point, support for 18-bit disks (576 byte sectors) was dropped.
The HSC50 definitely had it; the HSC90 did not.  I'm unsure about the HSC70.

There's a fair bit of configuration information in
http://decdoc.itsx.net/dec94mds/hscmnin2.pdf