[Simh] Oddball platform as SIMH/pdp11 host

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 23:47:24 EDT 2017

I suppose I would avoid Windows too, given an alternative.

In theory attaching a terminal to a hardware serial port should be trivial
under Linux:

sim> sh c
PDP-11 simulator configuration
DZ      address=17760100-17760107*, vector=300-304*, lines=8
simh> attach dz line=1,connect=/dev/ttyS0
simh> sh dz c
line 1: Connecting to remote port /dev/ttyS0
Connected to serial port /dev/ttyS0
 Connected 00:00:48

I don't know how the serial ports are exposed on the board you are talking
about, but I would hope that Linux serial ports are Linux serial ports most
anywhere.

-Henry