[Simh] Latest pull for HP2100 seems to lose time

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Mon Jul 31 16:21:18 EDT 2017

On Monday, July 31, 2017 at 17:46, Quentin North wrote:

> I have the latest pull for smh and I am running HP/Access o/s on the
> HP2100 cpu & iop. On the latest pull the guest OS seems to loose track
> of time, notably about 5 minutes over two hours.

Five minutes lost in 120 represents a loss of one second in 24, or 2.5
seconds per minute.  I don't seem to see that here running on a WinXP host
platform:

  Connected to the HP 2100 simulator MUX device, line 0

  PLEASE LOG IN
  HEL-A001,A001
  READY
  GET-TIME
  LIST
  TIME

  10  PRINT TIM(1);":";TIM(0);":";TIM(4)
  20  END

  RUN
  TIME

   16   : 4    : 0

  DONE
  RUN
  TIME

   16   : 5    : 0

  DONE
  RUN
  TIME

   16   : 6    : 0

  DONE
  BYE
  0004 MINUTES OF TERMINAL TIME

(I've entered the RUN command every 60 seconds, as measured by a stopwatch
initially synchronized with the Access time-of-day clock during startup.)

On what host platform are you encountering this issue?

> Thanks

You're welcome.

                                      -- Dave