[Simh] Rainbow100

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Jul 22 11:15:23 EDT 2017

On 2017-07-21 18:08, Timothe Litt wrote:
> The 240 got rid of the Intel uPs for both technical and political
> reasons.  The one T11 had to handle everything, including scan
> interrupts.  This probably explains why it seemed slow - but I didn't
> have to dig into the 240 internals to the same extent as the VT100.

Not really. The VT240 have both a T11 and an 8085. (Not to mention the
8051 in the keyboard.) I can't really explain why it was so slow, but
back at the time, people were talking about the interaction between the
8085 and the T11, and a bad system design, as a reason.

> The 240 and subsequent terminals never went as far in providing the
> ability to add options as the VT100 did.

True. The original VT100 certainly was interesting in that aspect.

	Johnny