[Simh] Rainbow100

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 01:05:54 EDT 2017

And the VT240 was very slow. I never saw or used a VT125, so I don't know
> how it compared, but it didn't have color, right?

It did have color. You could connect an external RGB sync on green
monitor to the BNC connectors at the back of the VT125.  For output on the
built in black/white display it generated a grayscale signal that was
mearly overlayed on top of a the VT100 signal. This also meant that on the
RGB connectors you only had the VT125 graphics. No VT100 output.

The VT125 coprocessor used an 8085 processor. Somehow it intercepted the
serial line passsing through that strange white connector on the VT100
board and processed the ReGIS commands.

VAXstation was definitely cool, but the price tag compared to a GIGI would
> have been ridiculous, I suspect.

/Mattis