[Simh] 8" Floppy disk image getting HALT error

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Mon Jul 10 16:54:33 EDT 2017

On 7/10/17 1:10 PM, Walker Sampson wrote:
> positive sector results setting the format to a DEC RX02 sector image. When I
> investigate the resulting disk image in a hex editor, I am seeing clearly a report document

Well that narrows it down a great deal.
As others have said, you still don't know if it is bootable, what operating system it was
written by, or what software on that system wrote it.

If you are serious about recovering the contents, I would suggest contacting Chuck Guzis
at Sydex, who has extensive experience doing commercial floppy data recovery