[Simh] Losing Time In SIMH

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Tue Jan 31 15:37:58 EST 2017

On Tuesday, January 31, 2017 at 12:32 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
[...]
> Hum. I hate moving discussions... :-)

I answered the original report with a suggestion and a request that he open
an issue if the suggestion didn’t pan out.  It didn't, so he followed up in the
issue system.

> Anyway, I'm surprised by the interval timer. I had a recollection that it was
> normally always at 100Hz on VMS. Oh well. I wonder why on earth you would
> want to have a 60Hz clock here...
> PDP-11 (and I suspect PDP-10 and other older machines) are a different story,
> as they usually use the line frequency of the mains AC as the clock source,
> which means 60Hz in the US.

The original user's problem was observed running 32V, not VMS.  That is why
I said that most OSes use a 100Hz tick rate.

- Mark