[Simh] Looking for a RIM10B paper-tape image --> papertape reader/punch drivers on KS10

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Mon Jan 23 08:31:07 EST 2017

I'm not surprised about your findings on prsser/ppsser.  As I wrote, the
requirement (and the hardware) disappeared before I debugged them.  Yes,
they were cloned from PTRSER/PTPSER - besides the IO instructions, I
believe there were some changes to deal with the hardware differences;
the binary modes in the hardware in particular.

There were changes to system initialization in 703/704, where almost
everything moved to autcon.  I didn't do that work, and I didn't look at
PxSSER after they were done.  The hardware was long gone.  The original
work was c.a. 7.01/7.02.

I can't look at this now (I'm swamped with other issues), but if you're
still having problems when I do, I'm willing to help.

RX2SER definitely does work with real hardware.  I had hardware for
quite some time; I used it to create RSX20F floppies.  I don't think the
code for Files-11 survived - but someday I'll look.  Somewhere I have
code that reads and writes RT11 file systems; I think I implemented
everything useful.  I also wrote code that reads WPS-8 floppies and does
a rough translation into Digital Standard Runoff.  It was imperfect, but
made porting some documentation a lot easier.