[Simh] VAX memory

Sergey Oboguev oboguev at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 17:57:59 EST 2017

If you are using an unusually large number of logical names, this places a higher demand for non-paged (and may be also paged) pool.I'd experiment with conversational boot (>>> B/1) and increasing the size of the pool until things start working.Once the desired "extra" amount is found, you can place it in AUTOGEN.

If you do this (and unless you also take care to SET WRITESYS 0 at the end of every SYSBOOT), it would be wise to back up first the initial set of SYSBOOT parameters so it would be easy to revert to a safe set in case you overshoot. If my memory serves, it's SYSBOOT commands WRITE SAFE.DAT and USE SAFE.DAT.

SHOW MEMORY or SHOW MEMORY /FULL is your other friend.
- Sergey