[Simh] DECUServe: does it have the old PDP-8 archives?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Jan 14 17:21:17 EST 2017

Hey. more questions... Fun...

On 2017-01-14 10:12, Warren Young wrote:
> While there is a scattering of old DECUS media images on various PDP-8
> web sites, I was wondering if the current incarnation of
> DECUS<http://eisner.decus.org/> has a complete archive of all the old
> DECUS software, including the PDP-8 software?

Nope.

> I'm asking here because the web site doesn't say what files they offer
> (if any) and they want you to agree to their TOS before you can see
> what's inside the gates. I'm hoping someone here has agreed to those
> terms and would be willing to let me know if it's worth agreeing to
> their terms.

DECUS dropped all PDP-8 software long ago. I got a bunch of it from the
in the late 80s, not long before they tossed it. I seriously doubt they
kept anything. It's so long ago now that I've probably forgotten, but
something in the back of my head keeps saying that they officially told
that they had tossed it. But I could be wrong on that.

But DECUS didn't even keep the PDP-11 stuff around, which meant that for
a while, many moons ago, when the DECUS software was available on the
Internet, it was only the VMS bits. The DECUS pages was pointing at a
site I was responsible for, for PDP-8 and PDP-11 stuff.

	Johnny