[Simh] PDP-10 simulation: TENEX

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Thu Jan 5 10:18:52 EST 2017

Al Kossow wrote:
>> Oh, there is a file SRC:<UTILITY>KLH-DN..1, which appears to be a
>> listing of a DUMPER tape.  That tape presumably had TAPEX.MID:
>>
>> http://pdp-10.trailing-edge.com/SRI_NIC_PERM_SRC_3_19910112/01/utility/klh-dn..html
>
> look if there is more than one dump on that tape the 1991 one probably
> overwrote the 1985 one that has the file you're looking for

I'm not experienced with TOPS-20, so I'm not sure how to do thatq.  I
just ran read20 -t to view the contents.  There was no TAPEX file listed.

Later I ran read20 -x to extract all files.  I got some messages and
errors like these:

src:<6-manuals>20monuser.mem.1: Split file, part 1: 37921 raw bytes left
src:<7.monitor>pagem.mac.1: Split file, part 2: 5120 raw bytes missing.
Fall thru in getfield

And the _2_ tape printed this:

?Unexpected end of file

In the end, I got 5476 files out of the four tapes.