[Simh] IBM 700 and 300 series

Tim Stark fsword7 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 27 13:10:11 EST 2017

Folks,

I watched "Hidden Figures" movie and learned about her computer (NASA's IBM
7090 system).

I noticed that SIMH has IBM 700 series (7090/7094).  I was looking for
diagnostics and found them (709 diagnostics and manuals) at Paul Pierce's
website.

How about IBM 300 series like System/360, System/370, ESA/390, etc. for SIMH
emulator? Does anyone plan to implement them?

I am looking for CPU diagnostics to instructions.  I think that it called
OLTS tools to test instructions and devices.

I was looking for OLTS tools and found them at CBT Tape website. I am
figuring how to use OLTS due to lack of manuals.

I have some OSes for both 700's and 300's. - OS/360, VM/370, MVS 3.8, CTSS,
IBSYS, etc.

Of course, I have plans to implement 700 and 300 series into my new MSE
emulator soon.

I am still working on PDP10 and VAX in progress.

Tim