[Simh] ts10 and mse (my new emulator)

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Mon Feb 20 14:14:57 EST 2017

Tim Stark wrote:
> Ok, I have some CVS problems because it attempted to access my old ts10 repo
> in sourceforge and it did not work anymore.  I have admin privs on that
> repo.
>
> How to convert CVS files to git files without accessing SF website and merge
> it into existing git repo to maintain old histories?

You do need access to the full CVS repository on the server.  A local
checked out worktree won't work.

Well, be happy that you got the latest version.  It was probably good to
move away from sourceforge.  Lesson learned: distributed source control
is good.

(As for grafting history into an existing git repo.  Anything is
possible with git!  It gives you plenty of rope to shoot yourself in the
foot.  I happen to think this is fun, so I'd gladly help you.  But the
point is moot if you can't get at the full CVS repo.)