[Simh] 3B2 Emulator - Update

Seth Morabito web at loomcom.com
Sun Dec 17 15:01:25 EST 2017

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give a brief update on the AT&T 3B2/400 emulator.

As of the latest push to the SIMH repository on GitHub, the emulator
is free of all known bugs, and the System Board is feature-complete.
That certainly doesn't mean there aren't other bugs to find, I just
haven't run into them yet! The latest changes are:

  - Added support for the CONTTY serial port, so now you can have two
    sessions logged in at the same time, or use Kermit to transfer
    files back and forth between the emulator and another
    computer. UUCP is probably also possible, but I haven't tried it
    yet.

  - Added support for 30MB WREN I and 161MB Maxtor hard disks, in
    addition to the default 72MB WREN II drive.

  - Fixed several nasty bugs.

I have also reworked and rewritten large portions of the simulator
home page at:

    https://loomcom.com/3b2/emulator

If you haven't given it a try yet, please do, and let me know what
your experience is like.

Now that the base system board is emulated, the next step as far as
I'm concerned is to build a generic add-on card framework so that I
can emulate expansion cards such as PORTS (4 serial lines + 1 parallel
line), NI (10 Mbit Ethernet), and CTC (23 MB cartridge tape).

I think my first target will be PORTS, since I've already built all
the code needed for the DUART chips that it uses, and it would be nice
to have additional serial ports hanging off the emulator beyond just
console and contty.

-Seth
--
Seth Morabito