[Simh] Dec-10 Day announcement from Living Computers: Museum + Labs

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Dec 10 05:12:45 EST 2017

Rich. This is a nice thing. Thanks.

I have one question/wish, though.
I don't know if you were aware of a device called the RM06. This was a
Massbus disk created by Shelby, which was varible size.
It would be a really nice thing to emulate. I can probably reverse
engineer it from the RSX driver, and I don't know which systems ever
supported it. RSX for sure. Possibly also RSTS/E, but beyond that is
more uncertain. Most people and systems had moved on from Massbus before
this drive came out.
But it is a much nicer solution than emulating eight RP06 drives, when
you have some big disk in the backend.

Do you know what speeds this emulated massbus disk can achieve, by the way?

   Johnny