[Simh] MicroSD Card for SimH on Raspberry Pi 3

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 23:25:05 EST 2017

I have been running nearly a hundred PC/104 systems with 2002 era IDE flash and SIMH 24x7 for the past 17 years. No evidence of any Flash write cycle life limits in this application.

The application is not disk-intensive and modern SD cards could be worse than the ancient flash modules (but I would expect a SD card to have wear leveling at least)

PC/104 was the raspberry pi for us a few decades ago :-)

Tim