[Simh] MicroSD Card for SimH on Raspberry Pi 3

khandy21yo khandy21yo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 21:08:26 EST 2017

If you're just starting off with a pi, it might be easiest to buy a kit, which includes all the necessary parts to get started, including power supply, case, heat sinks, HDMI cable, and a SIM card preloaded with an os. Available on Amazon, and many others.
Get a 32 or larger card if you want to set up a lot of drives. And the pi3 is powerful enough for a lot of other games and stuff. Full Linux environment available, including compi,are, web browsers,, ...Fun toy.
If you don't have hdmi display available, get a HDMI to  vga converter. Also a usb keyboard and mouse.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A
-------- Original message --------From: Shaun McCloud <shaun.thomas.mccloud at gmail.com> Date: 12/6/17  5:33 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: simh at trailing-edge.com Subject: [Simh] MicroSD Card for SimH on Raspberry Pi 3
Hello,
I have just gotten into SimH and am planning on getting a Raspberry Pi 3 for my SimH usage, just to not use up a lot of space on my laptop.  What is a good MicroSD card for the Pi 3 and SimH?  Or does it not really matter as long as it works fine in the Pi 3 on its own and has capacity for what I want to do?
Shaun McCloud, MCDST