[Simh] Problem using a real VT terminal with simh

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Tue Dec 5 15:02:13 EST 2017

Another thing to check is transmit and receive speed on the terminal so that they aren't different. Many people today fail to realize that they can be different and that dec terminals have different settings for the two. The "best" might be to set receive speed equal to transmit speed, which one specific setting for receive speed.

  Johnny

Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net> skrev: (5 december 2017 19:07:42 CET)
>Do you have flow control (Xon/Xoff) enabled both on the terminal and on
>the VAX?
>
>You might try a slower speed to see if that makes a difference.  It
>shouldn't, but it might give more information.
>
>Is autobaud enabled on the line?  You might turn that off and set the
>speed and related parameters explicitly.
>
>	paul
>
>> On Dec 5, 2017, at 12:56 PM, Peter Allan <petermallan at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to get a real VT420 terminal working with a simulated
>micro VAX 3900. However, I am having problems getting text displayed on
>the screen of the VT420.
>> Once the microVAX has booted, if I hit Enter on the VT420, then I can
>see that a login process starts on the simulated microVAX, but all I
>see on the screen of the VT420 is a few garbage characters. Despite
>that, when I type a username and a password, I do get logged into the
>simulated microVAX. Any commands that I type on the keyboard of the
>VT420 appears on the screen of the VT420 (except the password, of
>course), but anything that the microVAX is sending to the VT420 appears
>as garbage. There are recognisable characters, but if I TYPE a file,
>even a small one, what appears seems to be every 7th character from the
>file starting with the first character. The output of commands such as
>DIR appear to have the same problem. ...

Skickat från min Android-enhet med K-9 Mail. Ursäkta min fåordighet.