[Simh] Problem using a real VT terminal with simh

Robert G. Schaffrath robert at schaffrath.net
Tue Dec 5 14:03:19 EST 2017

Several years ago I wanted to hookup and old VT320 that I have and I did
manage to get it to work but I did not go with the direct serial I/O
connection in SiMH.  Instead I found a program called TCPToSer that
established a TCP/IP connection from the serial port.  It worked fine with
a USB to serial adapter that I had and I pointed the application at my SiMH
TCP/IP port.  This was way back in the mid-2000's.  The application was
available from www.tcptoser.de but that URL is now dead.  A search did turn
up a download from a site starting with "brother" but it is infected with
Win32/Spursint.F!cl.  If a clean copy of that software can be found, it
does work beautifully with SiMH.  I was able to navigate around EDT very
nicely using the GOLD key and various sequences my fingers still remembered
LOL.