[Simh] Problems with telnet and TOPS-10

Ray Jewhurst raywjewhurst at gmail.com
Sat Apr 15 21:38:28 EDT 2017

I thought it would be neat to connect my cell phone to simh.  I thought I
would start off with something relatively easy like TOPS-10.  Here's my
problem:  I connect alright it says "Connected to the PDP-10 simulator DZ
device, line 0" but then it shows nothing but gibberish.  I am using a
client called Termius.  Is there a better free client out there? At least
until payday so I can get a Google Play card.  Here's my config:

set dz 8b
set tim y2k
att rp0 dskb.dsk
att rp1 dskc.dsk
att lp20 printer.out
att -am dz 2001
boot rp

This is all new to me so I'm sure it's some stupid rookie mistake.

Thanks
Ray