[Simh] "Raw" disk access

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Apr 12 14:39:58 EDT 2017

As I recall, on VMS a disk is a file; a file spec consisting only of a device name accesses that device.  So unlike some other operating systems where special syscalls are needed for raw disk access, on VMS I would expect it to be just a matter of accessing DUA1: or whatever.

I haven't done this in ages, but this is what I recall from when the question came up in the context of my FLX program (RSTS file I/O).

	paul