[Simh] DECserver (terminal server) emulation?

khandy21yo khandy21yo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 11:11:01 EDT 2017

Would it be easier to emulate a Dec server, or fix the Linux Decnet code?
If you had LAT working well under Linux, then writing a Dec server would be a simple she'll script. Well, maybe not real simple to get all the details right, but not too hard.

Sent from my Galaxy TabĀ® A
-------- Original message --------From: Pontus Pihlgren <pontus at Update.UU.SE> Date: 4/11/17  4:54 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: Jim Carpenter <jim at deitygraveyard.com> Cc: simh at trailing-edge.com Subject: Re: [Simh] DECserver (terminal server) emulation?
On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 05:40:55AM -0400, Jim Carpenter wrote:

> Meh. I like the DECserver interface and I only need LAT. And as you said,
> the Linux LAT isn't perfect.

Precisely, people complain about LAT in linux or the poor emulation of
glass terminals. Getting a DECserver and VT2x0 emulated should raise the
bar a bit.

/P