[Simh] Ts11 on pdp11

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri Sep 16 13:42:46 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-16 18:13, Gene Irwin wrote:
> Simh seems to only support a single Ts11 drive.
>
> The quick reference guide for the drive specifies up to 4 drives.
>
> Am I missing something or is thus just not coded in?

I would guess it's just a coded limitation in simh. In fact, there is no
real limit to the number of TS11 you can connect to a PDP-11.
It's just a Unibus device with a bunch of CSRs. You can always just add
another card, if you wanted to, in the floating address space in the I/O
page, until you run out of space, which definitely fits way more than
four controllers.

But I suspect the four controller limit specified in the manuals are
because of power and/or throughput limitation on the bus.

simh have lots of such limitations and restrictions on various devices
you can add.

	Johnny