[Simh] on Android [Was: (no subject)]

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 10:55:07 EDT 2016

I did a proof of concept build a while back using the Android NDK. It
required manually compiling libpcap for networking support but as I recall
it was fully functional. I was able to bring up 4.2BSD on a vax780 but disk
access was painfully slow. I was running as root so I have no idea how well
it would run on a non-rooted phone. So it's certainly possible but there
are bugs to be worked out.

-Henry