[Simh] How to keep RSTS in sync w/ "wall time"?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Sep 9 13:25:52 EDT 2016

Good point, but at least in my case that's definitely not the issue.

I just tried again, first with the DISPLY tool (like Unix "top") running, updating every 5 seconds.  The update interval is clearly too long and it seems to grow.

I then just ran a simple test doing 5 second "sleep" operations.  One took about 7 seconds, the next over 10, the third never finished.   When I stopped the simulation, I noticed I was in a SOB instruction, but "step" would simply show that instruction again, and when I "continue" with CPU history enabled, history shows absolutely nothing.  I don't have a clue how that can happen, but it certainly suggests that SIMH is doing something wrong when throttling is enabled.

	paul