[Simh] How to keep RSTS in sync w/ "wall time"?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Sep 9 12:47:42 EDT 2016

> On Sep 9, 2016, at 12:02 PM, Dario Niedermann <dnied at tiscali.it> wrote:
>
> Hello!
>
> I'm on Linux/AMD64, using SimH 4.0-0b to emulate a PDP11/70. I disabled
> CPU idling, and set throttling to 1360K. Based on info I found
> don't remember where, this should probably give me a realistic 11/70
> speed (if not, let me know).
>
> The problem I'm having is that RSTS' (V04B-17) idea of a minute is quite
> a long one: its watch is very slow and it lags behind. Same as when I
> tried enabling CPU idling.
>
> So, basically, I'm looking for tips on how to get a realistic 11/70
> experience (speed-wise) while keeping RSTS in sync with my hardware
> clock.

I don't have a V4 system handy, but when I set throttling as you describe, my V10 system definitely does not correctly track time.

I don't know if wall clock time tracking is supposed to work when throttling is set.

On the other hand, when I don't throttle and set idling enabled, the system tracks time correctly.  I can't think of a reason why V4 would work differently.  You might post your config settings.

	paul