[Simh] Interdata OS/32 question

khandy21yo khandy21yo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 14:22:06 EDT 2016

It could be many things. Without seeing the text, it will be hard to help you,
On Debian, you can start 'script' before ssh to capture your session into 'typescript',. See 'man script' for detai,s. After exiting ssh, exit bash to close script.
You could be dealing with a parity issue, or the 127s someone else talked about could be doing something weird like utf8. Parity would be my bet.

Gaa. Ignore any of the stupid autocorrect crud in  this message.
-------- Original message --------From: Gene Irwin <girwin1215 at gmail.com> Date: 9/1/16  7:51 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: Davis Johnson <davis at frizzen.com>, simh at trailing-edge.com Subject: Re: [Simh] Interdata OS/32 question
I am using bash under the arm 64 version of debian mate on a pine64.  I am remoting in using ssh. The remote system is bash under Linux mint.
After going through the guide to build a system from tapes there is a section that enables more terminals, disks and probably other things.  All is well until this point.  After the system and install the system gets rebooted into the new configuration.
It is at that time when things go sideways.
All the text printed by OS/32 now has control characters with it and it doesn't seem to understand input any more.  If you do a set time command and hit enter the cursor returns to the beginning of the line but I can't tell if the prompt appears again due to the control characters at the beginning of the line.
I don't know how to record a session or I would provide a log.