[Simh] RT-11 source

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Sat Oct 22 14:15:00 EDT 2016

> On Oct 22, 2016, at 10:44 AM, Ray Jewhurst <raywjewhurst at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know that RT-11 is under license from Mentec but is there a way to get the sources for it?  I would like preferably v5.3.  I have an idea for project to teach my self rudimentary OS design and I would like to use RT-11 as an example since PDP-11 assembly is the only assembly I know and I am already comfortable with RT-11.

I've always liked RT-11 FB, which is an entirely different design than the older SJ monitor.  Partly it's because its author was my college mentor, and one of the very best programmers I've ever met in over 40 years.

Unfortunately the stripped (no comments) sources omit the literary quotes he liked to sprinkle all over the RT-11 sources.  For example "A source of innocent merriment -- The Mikado" in the idle loop (the lights pattern code).

	paul