[Simh] Older Model VAX simulators, what can you do with them and how do they work?

Ray Jewhurst raywjewhurst at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:08:04 EDT 2016

I just wanted to clarify that I am interested in all of the BSDs. I just
started with 3BSD because I am already somewhat familiar with 29BSD and
211BSD. So I thought it would be a good transition.

On Oct 10, 2016 12:02 PM, "Ethan Dicks" <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 9, 2016 at 9:34 PM, Mark Pizzolato <Mark at infocomm.com> wrote:
> Meanwhile, Ray's original question was about installing 3BSD, which I
think
> may have existed before the VAX 11/750 was available/supported...

Back in the day, we ran a variety of UNIX distros on our 11/750 w/2MB
of RAM and 2x RK07.  I remember running 4.0BSD and 4.1BSD in 1985 or
so.  We also had a SysV pack set.  Later, we ran Ultrix on the same
CPU (with more disk).

I do not know if 3BSD supports the 11/750, but it's certainly worth
confirming.  I can say from personal experience that 4.0BSD does run.

-ethan