[Simh] Getting SimH 4 past Beta stage?

Henry Bent henry.r.bent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:25:30 EST 2016

Indeed, though packaging systems like to use released versions of software,
and users like to use whatever their packaging system offers them.  Having
any sort of formal, numbered SIMH release - call it 4.0 or 3.99 or 7.5q for
all that it matters - will encourage packaging systems to update to that
version, and will then expose more users to the most current version of the
software.  A very significant number of changes have happened since the
last formal release (3.9) and it would seem appropriate to have a more
modern version available to most users.

-Henry