[Simh] Pre-packaged kits

Ray Jewhurst raywjewhurst at gmail.com
Tue May 31 18:39:50 EDT 2016

Dear Bob,

I am very familiar with available software kits. (How I got my start was
reading the docs and running them.)  What I am talking about is going one
step further and including basic ini's in order to make it turnkey for
someone who lacks experience in CLIs and also there are a lot of links that
do not have coverage in the "SimH Sample Software" document which is 10
years old.  I understand that OSes like VMS and Ultrix cannot be done this
way but there are many that can they can even have software from Bitsavers
already loaded on them so the novice can "play around" on the system.  BTW,
regarding the aforementioned Sample Software document, would there be any
problem if I updated it a bit?

Thanks

Ray