[Simh] Emacs-clone for RSX?

Robert Armstrong bob at jfcl.com
Tue May 31 13:22:46 EDT 2016

>So you have lots of #ifdef msdos, and whatnot, ...

  You could always just remove all the conditionals and create an RSX only fork.  Some people might say that's the Wrong Thing To Do, but I prefer to be less judgmental and simply observe that it might be "less than optimal".  Still useful, however.

  Personally I'd really like to see an Emacs for RSX.  I'm perfectly happy with EDT when a VTxxx terminal is available, but often it is not, especially when using simh.  VTxxx emulation on a PC doesn't solve the problem since the keypad layout is just not quite the same, and my right hand was hardwired with the EDT key bindings many, many years ago.  It can't be changed anymore :-)

Bob