[Simh] Compiler differences

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Fri May 27 15:09:06 EDT 2016

My observations are that clang does indeed compile faster than gcc,
however that doesn’t say much about how fast the compiled results
actually run.

If you’re only compiling a single simulator (which most users are
probably interested in) the compile time difference isn’t enough
to worry about.

When changes to simulators are made, compiling with both gcc
and clang are used since these compilers tend to detect different
errors.

-        Mark