[Simh] Question about card readers.

khandy21yo khandy21yo at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:09:36 EDT 2016

I once saw a IBM punch card that was small as a playing card, had three rows of 8? Punches, and held more than 80 characters. The operators actually used them as playing cards.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® A-------- Original message --------From: Robert Armstrong <bob at jfcl.com> Date: 05/26/2016  1:55 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: simh at trailing-edge.com Subject: Re: [Simh] Question about card readers.
> IBM 96-column cards ... the IBM System/3 and perhaps other

  And UNIVAC had a 90 column card for a long time.  It looked something like a traditional Hollerith card but had round punches and two rows of six bit characters.

Bob