[Simh] Contributing to SimH

Tim Stark fsword7 at verizon.net
Thu May 12 20:06:35 EDT 2016

Folks,

 > I am in the process of adding in help messages to my KA10 and Ibm7000
 > simulators. Once I get that in place I will put them up on github for
  > people to bug hunt before they get added into the main line. I have
  > added a RH10/RP04/5/6/7 controller but have not tested it. I all also
  > be adding a RH10/TM03 tape controller. I might eventually add support
  > for a KL10A (not the extended addressing). I am also willing to add
  > in support for the ITS pager to the KA10 if someone can gen me a
  > bootable image to test. Last time I tried to gen a ITS system it
  > failed with tons of Midas errors.

  > I have also started to add the stuff in to the KA10 sim to support a
  > KI10, however there is not much software available. I need VMSER for
  > Tops 6.03 or a version of Tops 7.01. I will also eventually be
  > putting up older versions of Tops 10 that I have transcribed, I have
  > 4.5, 3.19, 3.5 and 1.4 (monitor only), along with Fortran 40.

Good! I am looking toward KA/KI/KL code on SIMH emulator. I looked into
my 603A monitor sources and it does not have VMSER.MAC file! Other email
said that Rich Anderson has it for you. Can you send us VMSER.MAC file for
603A monitor sources that is available on pdp10.trailing-edge.com? Also,
I would see your other TOPS-10 distro packages too. We still do not have 701 or
702 monitor sources/binary files that we are looking for many years.

Since last release of my old ts10 emulator, I implemented KL10B (extended
Addressing), IBM 360/370/390, and VAX 7000. I stopped developing it because
of cybersecurity at my work (can't access repository sites). Later I finally pulled
everything out of my work computer and put them on media. I brought it home.
I now have them on my home computer so that I can work on them on my own
time. With my IBM 370 emulation, I successfully loaded and run MVS 3.8 and
VM/370 operating system. Both are available on the Internet with source codes.

Also I have Jnet 3.5/3.6 software for OpenVMS that provides RSCS network
With IBM 370/390 mainframes. Also I found funetnje with source codes for
Linux operating system for transferring files in and out IBM and VAX emulators.

I still am looking for old JNet 1.x/2.x packages and manuals. Does anyone
Have old JNet 1.x/2.x for old VMS operating systems and Alpha systems?
With JNet software, we can communicate with sending messages and files
each other. For example:

I implemented VAX 7000 emulation (NVAX processor) that allows 3.5G memory
access (32-bit extended addressing).  I hit snag due to lack of documents about
two chips.  Later I finally found two documents about MC146818 RTC and 2681
DUART chip documents.

I just started to work on my own new emulator from scratch right now. I am now
Working on Alpha emulation for AlphaServer 400/600/800 (Advanti chipset).
Also I am now using git repository files and plan to set up Github repo page some
day.  I have FreeAXP emulator and successfully loaded and run OpenVMS Alpha.

Also I found out about HSC controller and VAX 8x00 emulations for SIMH on
Track9 website. I do not know when they would be out yet. I had not seen
MicroVAX 2000 emulation in SIMH source codes because track9 mentioned
MicroVAX 2000 emulator but only binary is available.  I found MicroVAX
2000 technical manuals.  Also, I want to see VCB02 or color graphics emulation
For MicroVAX and VAXstation. Current SIMH version have only monochrome
displays at this time.

Thanks!
Tim Stark