[Simh] PDP-15/76

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Fri May 6 05:25:29 EDT 2016

On 05-May-16 23:42, J. David Bryan wrote:
> On Thursday, May 5, 2016 at 6:01, Timothe Litt wrote:
>
>> I didn't have much luck with tumble (some time ago); it tended to
>> complain about the tiff input formats.
> Differences in the TIFF generators, I suppose.  I've used tumble to produce
> 500+ PDFs from scanned TIFFs (and JPEGs and PNGs) with no issues.

I don't doubt that it works for you; apparently I was unlucky.  Before
commenting, I retried it with a number of TIFFs that are test data for
ImageMagick, distributed with TWiki and some scanned pages (HP and
Brother scanners) I had at hand.  I tried both the version from 2003
that you pointed Mattis to and the later version. Neither worked with
any file.
>> I do have a more recent version in my archive; Don't recall where I
>> found it....
> I sent it to you in August 2013.  ;-)
>
>                                       -- Dave

Even though it didn't work out for me, thanks again!

As I noted to Al, it seems to me that since the original author has let
it go stale, it would be a good idea to setup a new repo and consolidate
the patches.  Handing this sort of tool around in e-mail forks seems a
bit hit-or-miss.   e.g. you pointed Mattis to the older version, but you
must also have the newer one :-)  I don't mean to be critical - help is
always appreciated.  Setting up a repo on GitHub is quick and painless...