[Simh] RTS/8 and DECnet

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 23:16:57 EDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 10:53 PM, Robert Armstrong <bob at jfcl.com> wrote:
>>but I brought RTS/8 up on real hardware 30 years ago.
>
>   What communications hardware does it require??  A DP8/E?  Or can it do async DDCMP with a KL8/E?

As I said, I did not have DECnet/8 in hand 30 years ago, but it is why
I was bothering to fiddle with RTS/8 back then, just for the
possibility.  I'd have to check the code to see what it wants.

It appears, according to the following two 1977 DECUS floppy images...

http://www.pdp8online.com/pdp8cgi/os8_html?act=dir;fn=images/misc_floppy/decus77_1.rx02;sort=name
http://www.pdp8online.com/pdp8cgi/os8_html?act=dir;fn=images/misc_floppy/decus77_2.rx02;sort=name

... and this ancient discussion...

http://marc.info/?l=classiccmp&m=122467874902272

... and this manual...

ftp://ftp.dbit.com/pub/pdp8/doc/decnet8.doc

... that you can choose your Interrupt Service Routine to suit your
desired hardware from:

 KL8E      |  KL8ISR.PA
 KL8J-A   |  KL8ISR.PA
 KL8A      |  KL8ISR.PA