[Simh] networking support

Mark Pizzolato Mark at infocomm.com
Mon Mar 14 17:26:01 EDT 2016

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Rich Alderson wrote:
> > From: Paul Koning <paulkoning at comcast.net>
> > Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 09:01:02 -0500

>    networking support]
>
> > pdp10 does, also.
>
> I had to go look at the documentation for this.  I see that the DEUNA/DELUA
> is emulated, but that no known operating system supports it.  OK, that jibes
> with what I know.

Well, the DEUNA/DELUA was originally added to the PDP10 simulator due to
rumors about there being software support for the DEUNA on the KS10 processor.
Subsequent information made it clear that there was actually never any such
Support, so it was removed from the PDP10 simulator in simh 3.9

> I'm sorry.  I would not count unsupported hardware as "having network
> support".
> But then, I'm funny that way.

Meanwhile, after simh 3.9 the KDP and DMC devices have been added to
the PDP10 simulator since there indeed was software support for them.

- Mark