[Simh] [SimH] Networking support

Bill Cunningham billcun at suddenlink.net
Sat Mar 12 14:36:27 EST 2016

What I meant was that I remember on early PCs using an rs232-c line for using the old BBSes and compuserve before it was an ISP. 10 cents a minute. I had several modems 300, 1200 and 2400 baud modems.

    These even older machines may have had hookups within a company. Even one building connecting 5 or so machines. Serial would've worked fine. And was what was used. I was thinking with maybe 4-5 PDP8s a company would use some kind of networking. Perhaps not back then. I was only aware of pdp11 and vax being "network possible". I guess I was wrong.

Bill