[Simh] [SimH] Networking support

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Mar 12 11:45:35 EST 2016

FYI:  CDC and Cray's often used HyperChannel adapters; but I suspect have
long lost the info on it (very funky SW interface).  Plus I doubt I still
have the code we developed for it (the HyperChannel was the other side of
the Tektronix TCP/IP for VMS implementation we did in the late 1970's).  My
memory is that we dedicated a PP to talking to NOS, so there was very
little OS code.    We spliced it into the RJE system and never did much
beyond FTP services for it; when I worked on it.   I still talk with the
guy that did the the PP work for NOS (Stan Smith whom I will ask).   The
Cray port was done by the NCAR guys working with our CDC and VMS code; but
that was after I was involved in the work.

BTW: @ LCC we did some work with DG on their UNIX port; I somehow seem to
remember that the Eclipse family used the original AMD ethernet chip set on
their network adapter.

Clem