[Simh] dps8m

Kevin Monceaux Kevin at RawFedDogs.net
Fri Mar 11 08:54:10 EST 2016

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 04:14:08PM -0600, Kevin Handy wrote:

> List has been quiet lateky, so curious about this simh based emulayor on
> sourceforge (dps8m)
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/dps8m/

I'm curious about it too.  I hadn't checked on its progress in quit a while.
I just noticed yesterday that it was far enough along to boot Multics.

> Doesn't appear yo be 100% functional yet, but boots to admin mode if you
> download the disk image as described in the file MR12.3_install.notes.txt

I used the files from QuickStart_MR12.6d.zip.  The README.txt file from that
zip archive describes how to boot the system and sign on as Repair.SysAdmin,
but not much else.  Are there any other How-Tos around, like how to shut
Multics down properly?

> Having never used this os, but hearing about it frequently, I thought
> others on this list might like to look at it.

I've been curious about Multics ever since I heard about it.

--

Kevin
http://www.RawFedDogs.net

What's the definition of a legacy system? One that works!
Errare humanum est, ignoscere caninum.