[Simh] Disk info request

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Wed Mar 9 10:39:27 EST 2016

> On Mar 8, 2016, at 8:47 PM, Timothe Litt <litt at ieee.org> wrote:
>
> In the process of debugging the ODS2 utility, it became clear that the
> disk geometry really does matter.
> And it's not available in simulator images -- or even for physical
> devices -- at runtime.
>
> Below is a list of all the disks that have been used with FILES-11
> (ODS2) for which I have reliable (I think) data.

I see a list in PDP11/pdp11_rq.c showing geometry information for a large number of MSCP drives.

One puzzle is the RD52.  In the PRO at least, there are several different drives (different manufacturers with different numbers of heads.  The entry you have seems to be the one for the Quantum (8 head) variant rather than Atasi (7 head).

> RD52       512     17     8   512   35651584      69632     34.000 MB   154

	paul