[Simh] Release of the HP 3000 Series III simulator

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Tue Mar 8 17:01:03 EST 2016

Zack,

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 9:20, Zachary Kline wrote:

> Gaming-wise, Empire, one of the few really complex strategy games
> playable as a blind computer user, was produced for the HP3000. I don´t
> know enough about the system to tell if this was the OS in question,
> but I´d love to get a look at it anyhow.

All of the HP 3000 systems, from the earliest to the latest, ran the MPE
operating system.  Of course, later versions had more capabilities and
would only run on the later hardware, but one of the nice things is that
one could generally take a user program from the first 3000 and run it on
the last 3000.  Often, it would work the other way around too, if the
program didn't rely on features that had been added later.

> Thanks for such a great bit of work.

You're welcome.

                                      -- Dave