[Simh] Release of the HP 3000 Series III simulator

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Tue Mar 8 16:52:41 EST 2016

On Tuesday, March 8, 2016 at 14:27, Michael Kerpan wrote:

> Apart from the basic OS, is any other software available?

As noted in an earlier message to the list, the kit has a selection of
compilers preinstalled.  The fundamental OS software also includes HP's
IMAGE database product.

> Or do we have to write our own in assembly?

The 3000 didn't offer an assembler.  :-)  The OS and a significant portion
of customer software was written in SPL -- HP's Systems Programming
Language.  It's similar to ALGOL but has a number of constructs that map to
3000 hardware operations directly.

                                      -- Dave